La Spezia 1990.
Domenico Camarda studied communications at the University of Bologna and photography and visual design at Milan’s NABA – New Academy of Arts.
In autumn 2014, he moved to Lisbon where he began to work for the publisher Pierre Von Kleist Editions and the Pedro Alfacinha gallery. This experience gave him the chance to develop his interest in author photography and art publishing.
In 2015 he moved to London to work for the photographer Amelia Troubridge as her assistant, editing and designing the layouts for her most recent publications.
He currently lives between Milan and La Spezia where he works in a freelance capacity.
Camarda’s artistic practice explores themes such as the construction of individual identity, reflecting on what it means to be contemporary in today’s world. Creating a series of evocative and dream-like images, Camarda seeks to raise questions and provoke contemplation rather than give simple responses.
His work has been exhibited nationally and internationally, and he was chosen in 2019 by CAMERA – Centro Italiano per la Fotografia for the second round of the Futures – European Photography Platform project.
• 2020 Premio Francesco Fabbri per le Arti Contemporanee (finalist).
• 2020 Giovane Fotografia Italiana #8, FOTOGRAFIA EUROPEA (finalist).
• 2019 selected artist by CAMERA for FUTURES.
• 2022 LIQUIDO, EYES ON TOMORROW, Addis Ababa Italian Cultural Institute, Ethiopia. (upcoming)
• 2021 LIQUIDO,Giovane Fotografia Italiana #8, FOTOGRAFIA EUROPEA, Reggio Emilia, IT.
• 2021 LIQUIDO,Giovane Fotografia Italiana #8, CORTONA ON THE MOVE, Cortona, IT.
• 2020 Premio Francesco Fabbri for Emerging Arts, Villa Brandolini,
Solighetto di Pieve di Soligo (Treviso).
• 2020 Bi, FUTURES 2018-2020.Open air exhibiton. CAMERA.Torino, IT.
• 2020 WAITHOOD, Spazio libero. Immagini per riabitare la città. Open
air exhibiton. Reggio Emilia, IT.
• 2020 LIQUIDO, Krakow Photo month. Krakow, PL.
• 2016 Reflexions presso CAMERA, Centro Italiano per la Fotografia.
• 2014 Greetings from Cavallino Treporti. Venezia,IT.
• 2020 Panoràmic Festival di Granollers. Barcellona, ES.
• 2019 FUTURES, UNSEEN FAIR. Amsterdam, NL.
• 2018 Urban Transformations, Milano Photo Week. La Triennale di Milano.
• 2020 Balam N6: MESTIZX
• 2019 Rollingstone
• 2019 Forbes
• 2019 PHROOM
• 2018 MagnumPhotos
• 2018 Icon Panorama
• 2017 Oscura#3
• 2014 Nothing to see here, curated by Francesco Jodice
• 2018 Milano Photo Week, with Alex Majoli
• 2015 Magnum Photos residency Langhe Project
• 2014 Greetings from Cavallino-Treporti
• 2018 PARALLEL – European Photo Based Platform
• 2017 Athens Photo Festival.
• 2016 Fabrica Research Centre residency
Available for assignments, commissioned portraits, editorial reportage and corporate.
For any inquiries contact me at: